You’ve heard mumblings about it. You’ve seen some tweeting about it. It is true. Cupcake Smackdown is back this year, bigger, better, and cooler than last year. Cupcake Smackdown 2.0 is rolling, and we’re letting some of the details out. This year we’re taking on some new activities, we’re pairing up some some really cool organizations, and we’re going to shoot cupcakes at people. We’re also looking for a few more sponsors, so keep on reading to see how you can help.
Date: August 21, 2010 (Also my birthday. Birthday Cupcake Party? Yes, please).
Location: Le Cordon Bleu, 3110 Esperanza Crossing Suite 100, Austin, TX 78758. It located near the Domain.
Venue details: There will be ample parking, and most of the event will be held indoors.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- An attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Most Jaffa Cakes Eaten in One Minute
- An effort to set a world record of Most People Simultaneously Frosting a Cupcake certified by World Record Academy
- A cupcake cannon. Yes. We will have a cannon that propels cupcakes. You want to be there.
- More details on the way. This event is open to the public and fun for the entire family.
How can you help:
- Volunteer – coordinating the world records isn’t an easy feat. We’ll need volunteers on the day of the event to help give instructions, set up, and break down. Email Jennie@misohungrynow.com to sign up for a volunteer position.
- Show off your baking skills – setting a world record for Most People Simultaneously Frosting a Cupcake will require many cupcakes. We’ll have to enlist the help of skilled bakers to bake those record setting cupcakes.
- Photography and Video: Handy with a camera? Breaking world records means we need to provide proof of our activities. Just show up on the day of the event. Post the photos and videos, and be sure to email Jennie@misohungrynow.com the link. You’ll be credited properly and thanked profusely.
- Be a Vendor: While treats are sweet, we recognize that one can’t live on cupcakes alone. If you’re interested in providing other nibbles and bites at Cupcake Smackdown 2.0, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We’re also inviting craft vendors to hang out and share their products.
- Be a Sponsor: We’re looking for several more sponsors to cover the cost of supplies, signage, and tee-shirts. In-kind donations as well as monetary donations are welcome. Sponsors will be thanked on all media material including social media, and the sponsor’s will be printed on the Cupcake Smackdown 2.0 tee shirt. Deadline to get on the tee-shirt is July, 10th, 2010. Hurry up!
- All sponsors and volunteers will receive a Cupcake Smackdown 2.0 tee-shirt as well as an invitation to the Cupcake Smackdown 2.0 pre-party. Email Jennie@misohungrynow.com to get involved!
Current Sponsors and Partners Include (Twitter list here):
- All in One Bakeshop
- Arsenal Brand
- Austin Cake Ball
- Austin Urban Gardens
- Bake Space
- Coco Paloma
- Cupcake Bar
- Haye Compere
- Hill Country Cupcake
- GNI Strategies – Matt Glazer
- Keep Austin Dog Friendly
- Le Cordon Bleu
- Lights, Camera, Help
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes
- Sugar Mama’s
- The Lunch Deal
This is not our Cupcake Cannon, but you get the idea. It will rock!